Hortonworks is a commercial Hadoop company spun out of Yahoo in 2011. The company gives away its enterprise Hadoop platform, which is 100% Apache-based, for free. It makes money by selling subscription support. http://www.crunchbase.com/company/hortonworks
2012 Big Dat Revenue: $18m CEO: Rob Bearden
Big Data Products and Services: Hortonworks Data Platform Support subscriptions
Hortonworks raised another $50m just before Hadoop Summit 2013 in June. http://hortonworks.com/blog/hortonworks-announces-50-million-in-new-financing-and-welcomes-new-investors-to-accelerate-next-phase-of-growth/
Pages in category "Hortonworks"
The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Hadoop Pure-Play Business Models Explained
- Hadoop, HBase Changing the Economics of Data Says Cloudera CEO Mike Olson
- Hadoop: From Innovative Up-Start to Enterprise-Grade Big Data Platform
- Hortonworks Data Platform 1.3 Brings Hadoop to Windows
- Hortonworks Following a Partnership Strategy to Expand the Apache Hadoop-based Vendor and Product Ecosystem