Mark your calendars for Wikibon's next Peer Incite ... Tue, November 27th!
Recorded audio from the Peer Incite:
Data explosion and device proliferation have combined to create enormous opportunity. Organizations can differentiate by making better decisions faster than the competition. But doing so requires new technology. Classic Big Data approaches optimized for scale are often not ideal for real-time decision-making. New approaches and technologies are often required to make sense of and act upon data in real time to gain maximum value and competitive advantage.
Tapad is one such organization that must make split-second decisions based upon incoming, real-time customer input. The company operates in the ad-tech sector, supporting real-time bidding for search-related ad placement. When a user performs a search, multiple advertisers bid in real-time to place their ads in front of that user, based upon analytics of previous customer behavior. Tapad employs a NoSQL, real-time analytics engine to facilitate the bidding and placement process.
- What are the drivers behind the demand for real-time decision making across industries?
- How is real-time decision making creating competitive advantage for forward thinking early adopters?
- What are the key factors in choosing a database for real-time, transactional decision making?
- What are the limits of Hadoop databases?
- Why are traditional relational databases are a poor choice for big-data workloads with real-time requirements?
- What factors should customers consider when evaluating NoSQL and other non-traditional databases in building real-time decision-making platforms?
Please join us and bring your questions...
Also watch the Peer Incite live on SiliconANGLE.tv
Call in details below:
Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Time: 12:00pm - 1:00pm ET (9:00am - 10:00am PT)
We hope to see you there...
You can also follow Wikibon on: