The Wikibon community is soliciting ideas for nominations to the 2009 CTO Innovation Awards.
Which technologies were announced or began shipping in 2009 that demonstrate disruptive innovation with substantial ROI potential?
PLEASE HIT THE COMMENTS TAB AND WEIGH IN!
Some examples to get the discussion going:
- Intelligent caching (e.g. Avere, Dataram, Storspeed)
- Data compression for primary storage (e.g. Storwize, Ocarina)
- IO Virtualization (e.g. NextIO, Virtensys, Xsigo, Aprius)
- Data dispersal (e.g. Cleversafe, DDN WOS, Unisys Stealth)
- Flash innovations (e.g. Fusion-io, Pliant)
- Cyber security (e.g. Symplified, IBM/Guardium, RSA)
- Information access (e.g. Coveo, HP, IBM)
- Virtual integration (e.g. VCE, UCS, virtual machine APIs)