On Tuesday 5/22/2013 at 11AM ET @stu, @dfloyer and I will be tweetchating on the intersection between Flash and SW Defined Storage / Software-led infrastructure.
Flash is transforming infrastructure and application design while at the same time, the software-defined meme is causing practitioners to re-think where value is created in the storage ecosystem. Here's a list of questions we've been noodling - please feel free to hit edit and add your own thoughts:
- What is meant by software-defined storage?
- What is the role of flash in software-defined storage?
- Which services will drive software-led infrastructure?
- How will SDS services be invoked - where is the control point?
- How will flash systems share data in a SW-defined world?
- What about flash and QoS in a SW-defined world?
- Where does OpenStack fit in SW-defined and how does flash play there?
- Who are the major players - who's worth watching in Flash meets SW-Defined?
- Are Flash and SW-Defined in Harmony or Conflict?
Action Item: Please join us on Tuesday May 22, 2013 at 11AM for a Tweetchat on this topic with the #flashahead hash. Feel free to add to/improve the list of questions.