While there is an incredible amount of discussion in the market about big data and its value to companies, there is not much discourse about the adoption patterns for big data inside organizations. Specifically, key questions we hear from the Wikibon community are:
- How quickly are companies implementing big data projects?
- Are these projects isolated from IT data management infrastructure?
- How are companies managing data integration in the context of big data engagements?
- What type of impact are these projects having on organizations—i.e. where’s the return on investment?
- What are the priorities for investments in big data?
Our friends at Hurwitz and Associates are running a survey to look at how companies are approaching this important new area that has great potential to move business forward.
Please take a few minutes to fill out the survey and look for a summary of results on Wikibon.org.
Action Item: Please click on the link and help us with this important project.