Next generation data protection approaches such as virtual tape and data de-duplication are helping customers reduce costs, improve efficiencies and better address RPO and RTO objectives. However in implementing these technologies customers need to balance risk with cost and carefully consider the alternatives and options. For example:
- Which applications are the best candidates for data de-duplication?
- How is meta data protected in these systems and how can customers protect against catostrophic data loss?
- What forms of data de-duplication are best for which applications?
- What are the performance and overhead considerations?
- How should VMware customers re-architect backup and recovery?
Please browse the research in the Bacup and restore and Data protection categories below. Feel free to comment and improve the research.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Backup"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.