Most of us arrived last night in Orlando. Nick Allen, Bill Mottram, Dennis Martin, Gary MacFadden, Ed Parolisi and I had a nice dinner and then we checked out our meeting place. Dennis Martin installed a wireless network and we’re ready to go. You can follow the action on Twitter, check this blog and Wikibon for updates.
David Floyer arrives tonight to round out the Wikibon cast.
Dennis is speaking at 9:20 this morning. Monday’s are always the best day to speak at SNW because you get way more IT practitioners in the room on Monday. Last two times I pulled a Monday slot we had 75 and 100 people in the room, 75% IT people. Note to self…no more Tues/Wed speeches.
After Dennis’ speech on SSD, we up to our room for a series of meetings. Here’s Monday’s lineup:
- 10AM Data Domain
- 11AM 3PAR – who has announced the F-Series, a high end/midrange ‘tweener’ array. They’ve also launched an “F” traditional storage campaign. What a hoot!
- 1PM Falconstor
- 3PM STORserver
- 4PM NetApp – we’re meeting with Val Bercovici, CTO and he’s hot on SSD so we’re eager to hear what’s up with NetApp there
- 5PM Permabit – Tom Cook is the President and CEO and he’s stopping by our meeting place.
Tuesday is a very busy day for the team:
- 8AM – HP’s Bill Chambers (LeftHand) is coming to meet us
- 9AM – EMC’s Steve Flynn to talk data protection
- 10AM – Symantec and Jose Iglesias – I hear he’s the Green God of Symantec
- 11:00 Satish Lakshmanan from QLogic is talking CNA’s and Q’s design wins there
- 12:00 LIS is talking SAS and the 3-6G transition
- 1:00 is I BM with Susan Blocher, Craig Smelser (Tivoli), Kelly Beavers (Tivoli) and Clod Barrera – wow – that will be a great meeting – we need more time!
- 2:00 Mimosa
- 3:30 Hitachi
- 4:00 Bill Mottram’s speaking on data storage efficiency
- 7:00 Texas Memory Systems
- 8:00 Storewize talks compression
Whew – we’ll be smokin’ after these sessions but will keep the Tweets coming and update this blog and the Wiki all week.
We’ll update you on the schedule here regularly.
Let the show begin!